Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

July 23, 2008

Crock Pot Chicken Curry


I am all about yummy and easy recipes and this one is definitely that! I got this recipe from Kraft.com, but made some changes to it. I'm posting their recipe first and then I'll explain the changes I made (because I'm not sure of exact measurements for mine).

10 chicken thighs, skin removed
2 cups salsa
1 medium onion, chopped
2 Tbsp. curry powder
1 cup sour cream

Place chicken in slow cooker. Combine salsa, onions and curry powder; pour over chicken. Cover.

Cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH for 5 hours).

Remove chicken to serving platter; cover to keep warm. Add sour cream to slow cooker; stir until well blended. Serve over the chicken.


My Version: As you can see in the picture, I added carrots and peas when I made mine the first time and served it over rice. The second time I made it I added garlic, carrots, peas, and potatoes. I also took the chicken off the bone once it was cooked and put it back in the crock pot with the vegies and sauce until we were ready to eat. It was delicious! It's not the same taste, but it reminded me of the curry bowl from Teriyaki Stix. Adding the rice and vegies makes this one recipe a complete meal!

Tips:
  • From Kraft: Heat releases the fragrant flavorful oils in curry. For optimum flavor, measure the curry powder into a small microwaveable bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 sec. before adding to the slow cooker.
  • If you don't like spicy, don't put as much curry in and be sure to use a mild salsa.

2 comments:

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Looks yummy, hope I can make it soon! I checked out kraft.com and they have lots of good recipes. :)

Joe Horn said...

Hello, nice blog. I just read your recipe and visited your blog for the first time today. I just posted an entry on my blog about chicken curry with a yogurt sauce. Come by and check it out if you can and let me know what you think.
http://cookingquest.wordpress.com

Thanks,.

Joe