Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

June 12, 2011

Caramel Popcorn

This recipe is probably familiar to a lot of you, but I think, from talking to others, that our version has a few small changes to the family one.  We love it!  We had a bowl of it and a bowl of buttered popcorn every Sunday night growing up and would watch of movie together. 

I usually pop about two batches of popcorn per recipe of caramel because we like it sticky and gooey!

 

Boil for one minute:

1/2 C butter or margarine (I prefer butter….)

1/4 C Corn Syrup

1 C Brown Sugar

2 Tbs liquid (I usually us milk, but sometimes water or even evaporated milk.  I’ve even tried sweetened condensed milk!  Creamier = Yummier! The liquid also helps keep it a little softer.)

You can also add vanilla if you want.

IMG_1448

I usually boil it  just under a minute, again, to keep it a softer.  I don’t really like hard caramel popcorn.

Just before pouring onto popcorn, add a pinch of baking soda and stir it in.  This makes it foam up a little and easier to coat the popcorn. 

IMG_1456

We like to add marshmallows.  You can add them before the caramel and they will melt and make it really gooey, but we usually add them after and just have marshmallows in it.  You can also add nuts, chocolate chips, etc. 

IMG_1253

I always like to eat the caramel out of the bottom of the bowl after the popcorn is gone!  Hope you like it!

2 comments:

Meagen said...

Sounds SO good!

Heidi said...

WOW, that sounds SO good! I can't wait to try it!