Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

August 21, 2008

Coconut Cones

¼ c margarine
2 c powdered sugar
¼ c evaporated milk
3 c shredded coconut
½ c chocolate chips

Melt margarine. Blend in sugar and milk. Add coconut. Drop from teaspoon onto waxed paper. When cold, shape into cone with fingers. If desired, dip bottoms in melted chocolate (milk or semi sweet chocolate chips are great). Use 1/2 cup, melt in microwave. After dipping the bottom in chocolate place back on waxed paper. Tastes like Mound candy bars.


* When I made these I came out with 2 dozen, but it could make more depending on the size you make them. You can shape them however you want. I made mine rectangular and then spread the melted chocolate on top with a spoon. I used 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Next time I might make them bite-size. Great treat for coconut lovers!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Uh... I think I might need to make these right now. They look so good! And they're gluten free, yay!

Heidi said...

So I added an almond to the top and made it an Almond Joy. My husband and I loved them!

Megan said...

These are so easy and delicious. I dip them completely and made them truffles. Decorate them with a chocolate transfer sheet and they are all dressed up for the holiday!
I got great reviews!!!