Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

August 29, 2008

Zucchini Crisp

I'm sorry I don't have a picture for this one. I served this tonight to my family and our friends. Only 2 of us knew that it wasn't apple crisp. It tasted great! We served it with vanilla ice cream, and our husbands went back for seconds-looked & tasted just like apple crisp. It was so yummy and made the house smell great!

8 cups cubed peeled zucchini
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
TOPPING:
1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cold butter or margarine

In a bowl, combine the zucchini, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
For topping, combine brown sugar, oats and flour in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over the zucchini mixture. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until bubbly and the zucchini is tender

1 comment:

Claudia T said...

Hi,
I got this recipe from Bethany's husband Joel...
It was delicious! I loved the way it made my house smell...and it did taste just like apple crisp!
Thank you for posting that recipe...I was running out of things to do with zucchini!
-Claudia