Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

January 17, 2011

Cucumber Soup

 

Suprisingly to me, this was actually pretty tasty!  My friends and family who tasted it also loved it! 
This was my first time making a cold soup and would be great for summer!

Cucumber Soup


Ingredients:

3 medium cucumbers
3 cups chicken broth
3 cups sour cream
3 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 teaspoons salt
1 clove garlic, minced

Toppings:

2 medium tomatoes, chopped
3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup minced fresh parsley

Directions:

Peel cucumbers; halve lengthwise and remove seeds. Cut into chunks. In a blender, cover and puree cucumbers and broth in small batches. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the sour cream, vinegar, salt if desired and garlic until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish with tomatoes, almonds, onions and parsley.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cucumber-Soup/Detail.aspx

1 comment:

Amanda said...

This looks really similar to a recipe I had for years and finally made this year. I really didn't like the parsley in it, so I think I'll try it again without it, maybe I'll use cilantro!