Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

October 29, 2008

Chicken Noodle Soup


So with cooler weather coming along, I have been into making soups and yummy autumn foods. I don't have exact measurements for this soup, but I have a general list and hope you like to experiment! :)
.
This makes a lot. (Define that how you will. :))
.
Water
6-8 red potatoes (scrubbed and cut in large chunk)
2-3 carrots (peeled and cut into 2" sticks)
2 celery stalks (washed and cut in large chunks)
1/2 medium onion (cut in medium chunks)
1/2 pckg uncooked pasta (8 oz., I used Rotini)
2 cans chicken breast (10 oz. ea, sooo much easier!)
salt/pepper to taste
.
Add all vegetables and chicken in large pan of water (make sure you have plenty of water, since you will be cooking your pasta in it too.) Bring to a boil. Turn temp down to medium and add pasta, salt, and pepper. Cook for 20-30 min until tender. Really yummy! (I bet it may be good to add a chicken bullion cube or some chicken broth, I just didn't have any on hand.)

No comments: