Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

October 29, 2008

Vegetable Chunk Soup


Ok, so I don't have specific measurements for most of the items in this soup, but I will give you the general idea and you can experiment.

.
Water
1 can beef broth (optional)
8-10 red potatoes (scrubbed and quartered)
3-4 carrots (peeled and sliced into thick rounds)
2-3 celery stalks (washed and sliced into chunks)
1/2 large onion (large dice)
ham (cut into medium sized chunks)
-I buy cooked/frozen spiral cut ham, reheat it, put the glaze on it, and then refreeze it in smaller freezer baggies to use in different meals.
salt/pepper to taste

.
I pretty much add all of the above listed ingredients into a large pot of water, bring to a boil, then turn down to medium and let it cook for 20-30 min until tender. It doesn't take a lot of time because I kept everything in large chunks and threw them in. It turned out great!


No comments: