Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

November 17, 2010

Simmered Black Beans over Rice



Beans…rice…this recipe might not sound that good or even look that good (but that’s because my pic isn’t that pretty), but it is actually really tasty!  I shared this recipe with my mom a few weeks ago and the whole fam really liked it! 

1 Large Green Bell Pepper, diced
1 Onion, diced
5 Cloves Garlic, pressed (I get the garlic that is ready to go from the store)
2 T. Olive Oil
2 Cans Black Beans, drained
1 Can Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Chicken Broth
3/4 tsp. Thyme
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 tsp. Oregano
1 Bay Leaf
Cilantro to taste (I add about 2 T.)


Heat oil in a skillet and saute pepper, onion and garlic until onions are translucent. Add all other ingredients except cilantro and simmer for 30-45 minutes until it becomes like a thick soup. Discard bay leaf and add cilantro. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes and serve over hot, cooked rice. Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.

Recipe found on my friends food blog HERE

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looks good, I'm going to have to try it!