Dinner recipes, dessert recipes, and many more recipes can be found right here for all you food lovers!

November 19, 2010

Yams & Apples


Ingredients:


2-3 yams
5 apples
1 stick of butter/margarine
1 tsp cinnamon
Raisins (to sprinkle on top – whatever amount you desire)
Brown sugar (to sprinkle on top – whatever amount you desire)

Directions:

Peel and dice the yams and apples put in 9x13 pan
Melt the whole stick of butter
Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon with butter and pour evenly on top of yams & apples
Sprinkle raisins and brown sugar on top
Cover with aluminum foil & place in pre-heated oven

Bake at 450 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes (until yams are tender, should easily slide off of fork)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so I have never cooked with yams before…I don’t particularly like them, but I made this for a Relief Society dinner.

I did try some and it wasn’t too bad, but if you like yams, then I am sure they are the most delicious yams ever!!!

I tried to send the yams through my awesome chopper, but it wasn’t so awesome…actually the yams were too hard. But I did send the apples through the chopper and that was fast! So, I diced the yams with a knife and it took a while (I made two 9x13 pans) and I found out later that I didn’t need to dice them that small :) So do bigger chunks!

No comments: